Bongaigaon law College library was started with the establishment of the college in the year 1993 as a central facility for meeting the information requirement of the academic community of the law college. The library room has total area of 500 Sq. Ft. with future plane to extend the room. At starting Mr. Ranjan Das owner of the Alson gas Co. Ltd. Bongaigaon has donated books and 3 Almirahs amounting to Rs 1.00000 (One lakh) donated in his late wife memory advocate Gayatri Bhuyan. Since starting the college library has continued to purchase the books. The library has good collection of textbooks, reference books, journals, back volumes (Journals), Newsletter, Question Bank, Reports, newspapers and magazines etc. The library is open access system. The library remains open from 10:00 A.M to 4:00 P.M on all working days. In view of changing scenario of education system it is planned to improve the infrastructure facility of the Library. The main function of the library is collection and development of knowledge resources, technical processing, acquisition, cataloguing, Circulation, serial control, administration, retrieval and dissemination of information to the user.
Vision: The Vision of Bongaigaon Law College Library is to position itself as one of the leading Academic libraries in the country. The library also aims to provide seamless access to academic curricular information to users of Bongaigaon Law College.
Mission: Library is a unique Knowledge Centre. The Library's mission is to provide the Bongaigaon Law College community with access to rich and relevant information resources to support their research/project, teaching and learning activities.
- Develop and maintain policies and programmes that are oriented towards and centered on users.
- Maximize our staff capability and potential to enable them to provide effective, responsive and innovative services.
- Utilize library and information technology innovatively and appropriately.
- Develop and maintain effective and efficient infrastructure to provide and deliver information services to the user community.
- Support and enhance teaching and learning processes by delivering and promoting the effective use of information resources and services.
- Provide an information rich environment that supports and encourages excellence in research in the field of law.
Promote the standing and good reputation of the college through excellence in library services, collaboration with other organizations and staff contribution to the community.
|All India Reporter (AIR)|
|Criminal Law Journal (CLJ)|
|Supreme Court Cases (SCC)|
|Guwahati Law Report (GLR)|
|Digest of India cases|
Monday to Saturday: 10: AM to 4:00 PM
Circulation hours: 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
|Mrs. Suja Basumatary, MSW, MLISc., PGDCA.||Librarian|
|Mrs. Aditi Das, B.A, CCA, Typing English & Assamese, ITI.||Library Assistant|
|Miss. Manisha Das, B.A, PGDCA.||Library Assistant|
Library Development Committee
- Chairmen: Dr. Mridula Barman , B.A., LL.M., D.I.P.l., Ph.D. (Principal)
- Convenor: Mrs. Suja Basumatary, MLISc., PGDCA, (Librarian)
- Members: All the Faculty members